March 11, 2021
Dear Families, Loved Ones, and Initial Contacts of the Health and Personal Care Centers:
We are thrilled to announce that the most recent CMS guidance has allowed our Health and Personal Care Centers to expand indoor visitation. Visitors are no longer required to book visits ahead of time, are not restricted to designated times and dates, and are not restricted to specific areas. However, the memory care units, skilled nursing center and Personal Care Center must continue to be handled with great care to ensure that every resident, regardless of diagnosis and ability, is safe from communicable diseases. When visiting a resident, please stay in the resident’s room or move to a private space away from other residents and employees. There is no restriction on the number of visitors at one time, however, groups are encouraged to use the chapel or family dining room to have ample space. Pets are also allowed to come with visitors again.
The Life Enrichment Department will continue to offer window visits, virtual visits, or visits with special arrangements should a resident or visitor request to do so. For options or more information, please visit our Life Enrichment Activities tab on our website.
Starting immediately, the following guidelines are in place:
- Visitors must continue to be screened and sign in at the Health Care Main Entrance and follow the universal masking policy.
- Masks or face coverings, covering both the nose and mouth always must be worn. If face coverings are not worn Laurel View Village reserves the right to refuse the visitor.
- Outdoor visitation is preferred and will be offered when possible.
- Visitors are required to physically distance from other residents and staff in the facility at least 6 feet apart.
- Employees will ensure that proper infection control measures are taken to properly sanitize the room and visiting areas with EPA-approved disinfectant once the visit is over.
- If the resident is fully vaccinated, they can choose to have close contact with their visitor while wearing a well-fitting facemask.
Laurel View Village observes the following guideline regarding indoor visitation published by CMS:
- Certain scenarios that limit visitation are:
- Residents with confirmed COVID-19 infection, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated until they have met the criteria to discontinue transmission-based precautions; or
- Residents in quarantine, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until they have met criteria for release from quarantine.
As always, we thank you for the patience, love, and support you have shown to our employees and residents throughout this pandemic. We look forward to welcoming you back to our facility! Stay safe and stay healthy.
Life Enrichment Team Lead
Nursing Home Administrator
Personal Care Administrator