August 9, 2021 –
Dear residents and families,
We have learned that we have one Personal Care (PC) employee who has tested positive with symptoms of Covid-19. This employee was only in the building for a minimal amount of time during their infectious period and exposure to individual residents and other staff was very minor in nature (masked, less than 15 minutes, etc.). We are grateful that all our PC residents are vaccinated, and that any exposure was limited, but we are still required to consider this an outbreak and enact certain protocols. Effective immediately the following precautions are being enacted in personal care.
- PC is considered a Yellow Zone where gowns, eye protection, and n95 masks must be worn at all times by caregivers.
- PC Dining will be altered to one person per table with sanitation between residents.
- PC residents will not be allowed to attend any group activities with other levels of care.
- Group activities within PC will be done only if social distancing can be strictly adhered to.
- All Personal Care residents have been tested today. Thankfully results on the rapid tests were all negative, with send away results pending. Residents will be tested weekly until we demonstrate 2 weeks with no new cases.
- All company employees will be tested weekly until we can demonstrate 2 weeks with no new cases.
- Personal Care is closed to in-person visitation. Please contact Life Enrichment if you would like to schedule a window or virtual visit.
This situation has not affected Independent Living or Health Care and both areas continue to be considered unexposed with no new precautions at this time.
We will continue to communicate information on this situation as it becomes available. We are truly grateful for your patience in these matters.
Timothy Mock, CEO