March 17, 2020
Dear Independent Living Residents and Families & Friends,
We will continue to communicate with residents on campus via written letters and we are making every effort to keep families off campus up to date, however, this is a very fluid situation and changes sometimes hour by hour. With that said, to make sure you are getting the information as quickly as possible, but also keeping your extended family or friends off campus up to date we have initiated the following methods of communication:
- The website will be updated as under the news tab. Also soon as you visit, laurelviewvillage.com a Coronavirus pop up will appear. You can click that pop-up to get the latest information.
- We have set up a designated phone line that you can call into to hear the latest information. That phone number is (814) 248-2959.
- We have also set up a mass calling system, which we will use to let people know a brief message and directions for a complete update.
- We will also be using our social media account on Facebook to post information.
Some quick reminders and clarifications as of today:
- Independent Living residents can come and go as they please, HOWEVER, we are strongly discouraging unnecessary travel off campus. If you do travel off campus, upon returning please check in at the main entrance to be screened.
- We recommend only essential appointments. Remember if you have an appointment that can be replaced by our Nurse Practitioner take advantage of that service.
- Also remember Mainline/Township Pharmacy can deliver medications.
- If you need items off campus or to get in touch with family/friends reach out to Life Enrichment in your areas and we can see how to help.
- We are recommending only essential visitors at this time, such as caregivers. They must be screened at the main entrance and sign in and out.
- Please keep apartment doors closed.
- Practice social distancing and no group activities larger than 10.
- Starting tomorrow, March 18, Fresh Harvest will be take out ONLY, hours will be adjusted to 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Please call with orders by 5 p.m.
- Vista dining room will continue to be for Vista residents ONLY and will spread into the multipurpose room with a limit of two people per table.
- All independent living deliveries, the $3.50 delivery charge will be waived until further notice.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding, any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Senior Director of Independent Living & Community Relations