**This position is not permitted to accept tips**
$12.00/hr – straight hourly rate
The Temporary Beautician is responsible for transporting residents to the beauty salon, assisting the Beauty Salon Assistant in scheduling appointments and other duties as assigned. Will work Monday – Friday as needed.
Essential Job Duties:
- Works with Nursing and Personal Care staffs in scheduling beauty salon appointments.
- Assists in scheduling appointments for LVV apartment and townhome residents.
- Assists residents in transportation to and from the beauty salon.
- Assists in transfer of residents, when needed, from chair to chair.
- Assists with beauty salon procedures.
- Assists with supply ordering and inventory.
- Must be able to use hair rollers.
- Performs the duties of the beautician when he/she is absent.
- Shapes and polishes fingernails; performs manicures.
- Keeps privileged information about residents confidential according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Upholds Laurel View Village’s Code of Conduct and follows Corporate Compliance guidelines per the LVV Employee Handbook.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and observes all infection control and isolation procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must be a licensed beautician in the state of Pennsylvania
- Experience working with the elderly would be helpful.
- Other Requirements:
- Must have the ability to understand resident needs and communicate appropriately with them and with staff.
- Must have commitment to work as a team member, and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must exude a compassionate, empathetic, caring and supportive character toward residents.
- Physical Conditions:
- Works in the Beauty Salon as well as throughout the facility.
- May be exposed to infectious waste.
- Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves throughout the facility.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions