The cook’s primary purpose is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations, as well as in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the facility.
Review menus prior to preparation of food and ensures that menu items are ready and available. Coordinates menu items and kitchen production.
- Prepares meals in accordance with planned menus and also ensures that meals are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Prepares food in therapeutic diets and special diets as directed. Follows portion control procedures, standardized recipes and special diet orders.
- Prepares food in accordance with sanitary regulations, as well as facility established policies and procedures. Also assists with daily and scheduled cleaning duties.
- Follows safety regulations at all times and follows established Infection Control and Universal Precautions Policies and Procedures.
- Upholds Laurel View Village’s Code of Conduct and follows Corporate Compliance guidelines, per the LVV Employee Handbook.
- Assists in maintaining food storage areas, food preparation areas and other kitchen areas in a clean and properly arranged manner.
- Disposes of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
- Assists in ordering, inventorying and storing incoming food, supplies, etc., as
- Attends and participates in Resident Dining Meetings.
- Prepares special meals and banquets as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent
- Chef: 2 years
- Cooking: 2 years