PT and FT positions!! (3pm-11pm)
**Be sure to ask about our Sign-On Bonus and Call Off Incentive!!**
The Nurse Aide provides routine daily nursing care in accordance with applicable federal, state, local, and facility standards, guidelines and regulations and as may be directed by the Charge Nurse, or Director of Nursing. The Nurse Aide ensures that the highest degree of quality health care for residents is maintained at all times.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assists residents with personal nursing functions including, but not limited to: daily oral hygiene; bath functions; dressing/undressing; hair care; nail care; shaving; bowel and bladder functions; etc.
- Performs all duties in accordance with applicable policies and procedures and as instructed by the supervisor in a manner designed to emphasize resident safety and comfort.
- Ensures residents are dry and clean and assist resident changing clothing and linens as required.
- Positions bedfast residents in correct and comfortable position as instructed and according to facility guidelines. Monitors resident skin condition and reports findings to Charge Nurse.
- Assists with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Participates in daily nursing report and in all department meetings and in-service training programs as directed by the Director of Nursing.
- Assists in preparing residents for activity, social and medical programs and appointments and helps residents get to and from scheduled activities.
- Maintains required documentation including intake and output records and reports changes in condition immediately to Charge Nurse.
- Dresses residents neatly, and in their own clothing. Assist residents as needed with dressing. Identifying clothing needs and reports needs to Charge Nurse.
- Bathes residents as assigned and in accordance with our established nursing care procedures.
- Serves food trays and assist with resident food service as indicated. This includes, is not limited to duties such as cutting foods, arranging foods, participating in restorative feeding program, and assisting in dining room supervision.
- Keeps residents’ water pitchers clean and filled with fresh water and within easy reach of the resident.
- Serves between-meal and bedtime snacks, or other extra nourishments as instructed.
- Performs after-meal care duties such as removing trays; cleaning resident’s hands, face, clothing; oral care; assisting with bowel and bladder functions, etc.
- Make beds, clean bedside tables, clean bedrails, etc., as well as other housekeeping duties that relate to nursing care procedures.
- Answers resident calls promptly and in a professional manner. Ensures call lights are within the resident’s reach at all times.
- Measures and records temperatures, pulse and respirations (TPRs); and measures and weighs residents as instructed.
- Performs special nursing care functions as instructed such as range of motion exercises; special treatments; reality orientation, etc.
- Reviews care plans to ensure that nursing assistant is providing appropriate nursing care and informs the supervisor of any changes that may need to be made on the care plan.
- Checks restrained residents every thirty (30) minutes, and as instructed by the supervisor. Releases restraints as needed, and documents actions.
- Follows established isolation, infection control, and universal precaution procedures as instructed. Uses personal protective equipment as needed.
- Ensures that all duties are performed in a manner safe for the residents and nursing assistant.
- Ensure that residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage a complaint, are followed at all times.
- Strives to create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis as well as a calm environment throughout the unit.
- Reports all complaints including resident abuse claims to the supervisor immediately.
- Assures that established smoking regulations are followed by personnel, visitors and residents.
- Keeps privileged information about residents confidential according to HIPAA guidelines
- Upholds Laurel View Village’s Code of Conduct and follows Corporate Compliance guidelines per the LVV Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as necessary and appropriate or as directed by Charge Nurse, Department Director or Administrator.
Job Type: Part-time or Full-time
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: 1 year
Required license or certification: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Laurel View Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer.