Dear Residents, Staff, Families & Friends of Laurel View Village,
Further restrictions are necessary based upon updated guidance from PA Department of Health (DOH) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC). At this time we need everyone to take the current situation very seriously for the health and wellness of ALL the residents and staff of Laurel View Village. We strongly discourage travel OFF campus or visitors coming to our campus until further notice. We are adapting services and evaluating ways to continue to support and serve your needs here on campus as this situation continues to evolve. Below are new restrictions as of today for the entire campus (Health & Personal Care, and Independent Living):
- The two salon locations on campus are closed until further notice.
- Effectively immediately, no group activities at all and no group dining, unless special situations specified by Personal Care and Health Care.
- Staff will now be screened at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Cross-over visitation across all areas on campus are restricted, except for compassionate care, approved by administration.
For further clarification for Independent Living residents:
- Wellness Centers: Vista only can use Vista, Cambridge residents only can use Cambridge, limited hours between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. We encourage social distancing, maintaining at least six feet distance if others are in there. Disinfect any equipment immediately after use. We encourage you to exercise in your homes if possible.
- Fresh Harvest will be take-out ONLY, hours will be adjusted to 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., call with orders by 5 p.m. to this phone number (814) 288-2880.
- Vista Dining: Beginning with dinner on Saturday, March 21, Vista dining room all meals (both breakfast and dinner) will be delivered to the rooms. At Sunday lunch you will get a menu for the following week, you should call your order in daily between 1-3 p.m. to this phone number (814) 205-6772. Breakfast meals will be delivered between 7:30 to 9 a.m. Dinner meals will be delivered between 4 and 6 p.m. It will be a modified menu.
- All independent living deliveries, the $3.50 delivery charge will be waived until further notice.
- Townhome residents: Should not come in the main buildings for any reason. If a bill needs paid, food, newspapers, etc. all that can be exchanged at the doors. If you need to talk to staff please call and discuss over the phone, again this is all part of the social distancing.
- Cambridge and Townhome residents: If you leave campus for any reason self-screen yourself upon return and go directly to your home, if you begin to show any signs or symptoms call Doug Croyle at (814) 659-3390. Again we are trying to limit interactions and people coming to the main doors.
- If you have to leave campus for any reason, call Doug Croyle at (814) 659-3390 before doing so. We strongly encourage you to remain on campus and help us restrict visitors, this includes interaction with neighbors, grandchildren, etc. If not an essential care visit, it shouldn’t occur.
If we all do our part and take this seriously it will limit the health impact on our campus. Just to forewarn, if further restrictions are necessary, we may be limiting drivable access on and off campus to monitor activity closer. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding, any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Senior Director of Independent Living & Community Relations