COVID19 Update as of 7.5.22
July 5, 2022
Dear Residents, Families, and Staff,
Please read this COVID-19 update for information on the status of an outbreak at Laurel View Village. Through routine testing we have identified three positive staff members this week. One of these staff members has caused an exposure to a number of the health care residents. No other resident exposures have been identified on campus from the other two positive staff members. Therefore, residents in the 100 and 300 halls are considered exposed and in yellow zones. ALL health care residents will be COVID19 tested this evening, and we will communicate further once we have all results.
If your loved one is in the 100 or 300 Hall what this means for them:
- 10-day quarantine (Residents will be out of quarantine as of July 16)
- No beauty salon
- Activities can still occur but 6ft apart and mask should be worn by all in attendance
- Visitation can still occur, but visitors please be aware of the risk of COVID19, and visitors will need to wear full PPE (N95, gown and suggested eye protection)
- Non-urgent medical appointments will be rescheduled
- Residents will either dine in their room or one person to a table in the dining room
- Therapy will continue but, on the unit, not in the therapy gym
If your loved one lives in the Arbor:
- Staff and visitors must enter through the Arbor back door
- Everything else will remain as normal
We will be trying to have as little crossover of staff and residents between the two zones as possible. All staff working in the yellow zones will be required to wear gowns, N95s and face shield.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to follow the guidance and work through this.
Timothy V. Mock, CEO