November 3, 2021
Dear Residents and Families,
We continue to follow outbreak precautions for our Personal Care center. Staff and residents have been tested based on guidance. This week we have identified 3 more positive residents in the Personal Care center. This brings the total for the current outbreak, to five residents with active infections and one who has recovered. No new employees have been identified as positive this week. For this outbreak only one employee has been identified as positive and is now recovered. We will continue to test weekly, with our next outbreak testing date being Monday, November 8 for residents and Tuesday, November 9 for employees. If all these tests would come back negative, we will be able to follow guidance for reopening.
We are working tirelessly to keep residents safe and be able to reopen for visitors. Thank you for remaining patient as we follow the guidance in response to this situation. In the current situation please schedule window and virtual visits with your loved one by contacting Life Enrichment in Personal Care.
We do not believe any of the positive cases have affected Health Care or Independent Living (IL). There are no additional restrictions for IL currently. Based on community spread we are continuing to ask that visits for Health Care residents are limited in the following ways.
- Please limit the number of visitors.
- Please do not bring large groups of visitors at once.
- If possible, identify a few visitors who may visit routinely and have other people use electronic means to visit.
- Please visit only in the resident room or outdoors, away from other residents.
- Please always wear your masks while visiting.
- Please sign in on our kiosks when visiting and even when accompanying residents off campus.
- Please only have residents leave campus for necessary appointments.
We are doing everything possible to keep our residents safe. Please help us keep Laurel View Village safe and open to visitors.
Thank you once again for your patience in all these matters.
Timothy Mock, CEO