COVID19 Update as of 11.11.21

(Last Updated On: November 11, 2021)

November 11, 2021

Dear Residents and Families,

We continue to follow outbreak precautions for our Personal Care center. Staff and residents have been tested again this week based on guidance. We have identified no new cases. Based on guidance from the Department of Health, we must show no new cases for two consecutive weeks before reopening for indoor in-person visitation. Resident testing will be held on Monday and staff testing on Tuesday next week, which will hopefully demonstrate that we can end outbreak precautions.

Your patience in this matter is invaluable. We desire to reopen to visitation for the benefit of our residents and will do so as soon as possible. Please continue to schedule window and virtual visits with your loved one by contacting Life Enrichment in Personal Care.

We are pleased to see cases in our area slowly drop. We ask that visitors to other area of campus do their best to follow all infection control guidance, by wearing masks, distancing as much as possible, and not visiting while exhibiting symptoms.

As you may have heard vaccine mandates have been announced last week. The one that affects us the most is published by The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). CMS is requiring us to vaccinate any staff person who works in our Health Care Center and those who come in contact with employees that work on our Health Care Center. This mandate generally affects most if not all our staff. We will be working to implement it with December 5th being the deadline for the first dose of vaccinations. At this point we have 66% of our staff vaccinated with the other 34% representing 62 employees. We are working to encourage vaccination for the retention of staff; we will continue to report on this issue as it unfolds.

We are doing everything possible to keep our residents safe. Please help us keep Laurel View Village safe and open to visitors.

Thank you once again for your patience in all these matters.

Sincerely,

Timothy Mock, CEO