February 25, 2021
Dear Laurel View Village Residents and Families,
We continue to monitor staff and residents for signs and symptoms of COVID, and thankfully we have no infections of residents or staff currently. We are scheduled to test staff monthly, sooner if symptoms or new infections are identified.
Health Care and Personal Care have been able to loosen restrictions and consider most residents negative and unexposed to COVID. As such we have been able to stop wearing gowns for routine resident interactions. New residents admitted to Health Care, Personal Care or Independent Living still must quarantine for 14 days to rule out infections and limit spread. The Health Care and Personal Care Centers have progressed in their reopening phases. Health Care is now allowing in-person, socially distanced, visitation, and Personal Care will begin on March 8. Please schedule your visitation by calling the respective Life enrichment department.
For Independent Living, dining is reopening on March 1, please see the specific communication (below) regarding this for details. The final Independent Living resident vaccination clinic will be held on March 8 for residents who received their first dose on February 8.
In other news we have finally been able to enter the Aetna provider network. Now residents with Aetna insurance will be able to receive services in our Health Care Center, while getting the full benefit of their coverage. Additionally, we have attained 5 stars in the CMS 5-star rating system. Congratulations to the entire Health Care Team, it is only through their hard work and persistence that this has been attained.
Thank you again for patiently journeying with us through COVID. We sincerely appreciate all the understanding and support that we have received over the last year.
Timothy V. Mock, CEO
Independent Living Dining Re-opening
Starting on March 1, we are starting a re-opening of the Independent Living Dining Rooms. Each dining room will be as follows:
- Vista Dining Room:
- Breakfast Monday through Friday can be picked up in the Village Café between 7:30 and 9 a.m. 800 hall can eat between 7:30 – 8:15 a.m. and 900 hall can eat between 8:15 – 9 a.m. You may take your food to the dining room to eat. Keep socially distanced, except for same households.
- Breakfast Saturday and Sunday will be from 7:30 – 9 a.m. in the dining room. 800 hall can eat between 7:30 – 8:15 a.m. and 900 hall can eat between 8:15 – 9 a.m. Keep socially distanced.
- Dinner services will be from 4 – 6 p.m. 800 hall can dine between 4 -5 p.m. and 900 hall can dine between 5 – 6 p.m.
- Pickups will be available at 4 p.m. in the Vista lobby. Delivery orders can be called in after dining services at 6 p.m.
- Sunday services will be from 11a.m. -1 p.m. 800 hall can dine between 11a.m. – 12 p.m. and 900 hall will follow from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- Pickups will be available at 10:45 a.m. in the Vista lobby. Deliveries will follow dinner service at 1 p.m.
- Fresh Harvest Restaurant
- Lunch hours are 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. This will remain as pick up or deliveries only.
- Dinner hours are 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. No reservations needed. Keep tables socially distanced, capacity will be at 50% (25 people). The restaurant will close at 6:30 p.m.
- Deliveries and pickups are only available at 3:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Due to the restaurant being open, there will be no deliveries or pickups during dining service hours, this allows us to provide the best service to those dinning in and taking out.
- Sunday dine-in hours will be from 11a.m. to 2 p.m. No reservations needed. Keep tables socially distanced. There will not be a brunch buffet, menu service only with a brunch style special.
- Deliveries and pickups on SUNDAY ONLY are 12 p.m. and 2 p.m.
**The delivery fee of $3.50, will begin again as of March 1, unless you are asked to quarantine due to COVID19. No outside guests are permitted at this time. Vista residents are allowed back in the Village Café, we ask that Cambridge and Townhome residents continue to call in to the Village Café and pick-up in the foyer.**